Lau Wei Ling

Project 1: Shelter for one

For this project, I had a chance to team up with my groupmates to complete the shelter construction. We started with designing of the shelter and started to find source of the materials. After finalizing the design, we started the construction of shelter.In the process of construction, it was a brand new experience for our group. With the help of the carpenter from the workshop, we successfully built up the shelter. Most important point is we managed to build the shelter with recycled or reused materials.

In a nutshell, this project helped me to understand better about the skeletal structures. It was an eye opener for me as I gained new experiences. Besides that, I learnt about different types of joints, materials and structures. I also understand better about load distribution in a structures.